I have great friends.
They think of things that I will need for after my surgery that didn’t even cross my mind. Apparently they have been doing some research…
Today, Bev, Julie, and Keri asked me to come into the break room at the end of the day. Today was Danielle’s bridal shower. Good luck Danielle, I hope your big day is all you want and more. I figured they wanted me to sit and enjoy another piece of the 8×10 fat girl pizza that we chowed down on at lunch since Julie wasn’t there.
Nope. They had baskets full of stuff for me to help make my recovery easier.
- 2 new pairs of button up p.j.’s
- a button up sleep shirt
- bath gloves (touch yourself and your clean. Stellar)
- 2 cans of spray deodorant.no hoagies here!
- a bunch of wife beaters, I’m probably gonna feel like I was beat
- spray on lotion
- cottonelle wipes and baby wipes. (Gosh I hope I can wipe my own ass)
- a back scratcher ( maybe I can rig up something with this and the cottonelle wipes…hmmm ;))
- a long handled loofah side note…I love this word. Loofah.looooofah.
- a super soft comfy blanket (in my favorite color, white)
- a 4lb bag of candy corn. I have a serious problem with candy corn, it’s like crack for me. I just can’t say no. 12 step program here I come!
- super soft socks. This is gonna be a big issue. I hate not having socks on. I have been practicing putting them on. but, if I can’t, they bought me…
- febreeze to spray on my week old crusty socks. They thought of everything!!
- chap stick (EOS and Burt’s bees. My favorites)
- hand sanitizer
- a box of individual MiraLAX…nothing like a group of nurses to be concerned about your b-hole! Hah
- little bottles of body wash because it will be hard to hold big bottles of things.
- candy…candy…did I say candy? I’m not a big chocolate fan, but could live on fruity candy like starburst and skittles. They are fruit right?
- an electronic toothbrush. Why didn’t I think of this?
- Toothpaste ( I am sensing a trend here. No Dragonbreath here)
- gold bond itch cream
- small cans of Perrier. i love this stuff and I drink it like it’s going out of style.
- coconut water tetra packs. Another one of my weird obsessions.
- and a bunch of packs of cinnamint gum. Who needs to brush their teeth when they have all that delicious freshness in a stick?! Kidding…or am I?
- and last, but certainly not least, a hot pink and black leopard print GoGo Pillow. It’s three pillows in one. It’s multifunctional. It is hideous. Hideously awesome. They get me, they really,really get me. This pillow proves it. It’s comforting that my favorites understand and share in my humor.
I love your guts Bev, Julie, and Keri. You are good souls. And what does that song by the Starsailors say?
“Thank goodness for the good souls. They make life better. As I turn to you and I say. If it wasn’t for the good souls, life would not matter.”